Saturday, May 22, 2010

"I'm off on an adventure!"


Goodbye Groundhog Day, I’m off on an adventure and aah, the soul soars! With my ticket booked, anticipation shimmies through my veins, coursing round my body till I feel the pop-pop-pop of mounting excitement and joy. I wanna go now, but I also want the days until my departure to yawn before me like a beckoning chasm of delight. It’s not that my life is bad - oh no, sirree, it most certainly is not - but you know, even molten chocolate can taste icky after excess. If possible, one should have something, like a journey in the offing, up one’s emotional sleeve to quieten the existential angst. Travel, gentle readers, is - as you well know - a honeyed balm for the soul. In general, speaking both metaphorically and literally, I’ve always preferred the road less travelled, but will I see ‘more of the same’ on my travels, only at different latitudes, or will I chance upon the truly exotic? Only time will tell! My shiny, compact suitcase gleams in readiness, and an iPad satchel is ordered for on-line connection 24/7 as I prepare to visit mainland China in June. “Ni Hao” is my first handy Mandarin phrase - and here’s another: “Zai Jian” (pron. Zai Djen, which means, “So long!”) So, for now, adieu….

No comments:

Post a Comment